KRE Aluminum High Port Head
| KRE Aluminum High-Port Pontiac Head
|Availabe in 56 cc,
64 cc, and 80 cc chambers
The KRE aluminum high-port Pontiac head is the second new aluminum aftermarket
Pontiac head to
come on the market by Kauffman Racing Equipment. This head is available with initial flow numbers
around 330 cfm! All heads have CNC chambers and are capable of flowing
400 cfm. The heads will bolt to ALL traditional Pontiac
blocks and do not require special offset lifters or rocker shaft systems.
This head is NOT a modified KRE
aluminum D port, this is a completely different head/casting!
- Exhaust port is standard Pontiac round port configuration
- Will be cast with a 45cc chamber and delivered with a 56 cc CNC chamber
- Utilizes standard pushrod location for 3/8 pushrod **Pushrod is
typically around 10.300 long
- Rockershaft versions available upon request **
- Initial flow around 330 cfm on the intake
- Will use a 2.20 intake valve and a 1.70 exhaust valve
- Valve lengths will be 6.200
- valve angle is 14 degrees
- minimum bore size of 4.150
- stock port heads use a TIP-120230 intake gasket
(specifically designed for the head)
intake gasket is used for most standard pushrod location heads
** works with T&D Edelbrock
rockershaft # 9028
Heads will be available with the following pushrod hole locations:
- Stock Location - heads will have flow number approaching flow numbers
in 370 cfm range
- .700 Offset - this pushrod location will be required for heads flowing
> 370 cfm and up and requires the use of a shaft rocker system
As cast flow numbers :
- Out of the box heads make 628 tq and 700 HP on a 463 CID engine
- Rockershafted set on a 505 CID make 903 HP @ 7500 rpm's
- December 2005 - 505 MR-1 Pontiac block makes 775 hp and 718 ft lbs of
torque with AS CAST KRE High Ports! NO PORT
WORK! STANDARD PUSHROD LOCATION!
More info on the build coming soon....
- Out of the box head makes 730 hp on 467 CID!
- 821 HP on GAS, Victor intake, single 4bbl with
360 cfm standard pushrod location HIGH PORTS!
- 850 HP 505 Single Domiator on GAS! Standard
- Tin Indian Performance Rear Engine Dragster ran 8.42 @ 155.78 m.p.h.
with 320 cfm E-Heads and a .620 lift 260 duration cam @ VMP in May 2005
- Switched to a set of High Port heads that flowed 350 cfm same cam no
other changes. Car went 8.17 @ 159.25 m.p.h. at Norwalk in August
- Made a cam swap to better match the High Ports and the car went 7.94 @
- 494 CID with cam swap same heads, single carb, on GAS went 7.66 @ 172
- 505 makes 850 HP on GAS with 380 cfm standard pushrod locatiion High
Ports 9.17 et in Mike Williams 1966 GTO
- Naturally Aspirated 540 cid makes 950 HP with 400 cfm shafted High
Ports - 7.37 et in Kevin Swaney's Rear Engine Dragster
- 80 cc High Port makes 580 HP and 590 ft lbs of torque in a pump gas 463
with 10.75 to 1 compression. '66 GTO runs a best of 11.13 @ 119 mph at
- 56 cc 400 CFM High Ports make over 1000 hp on a MR-1 Pontiac
block. 535 cid run 7.14 @ 186.51 in TIP's Dragster
Port Work Options
There are 4 different porting options now
available on the KRE Aluminum High Port Heads
** 400 cfm head is a rocker shafted head ONLY
ARP High Port head stud kit
T&D Rocker shafts for HP heads -
64 cc Chammber NOW Available
for only $100 more!
80 cc Chamber Now Available for
only $200 more!
** Bare heads come with seats and guides installed, guide plates and rocker
** Complete heads come with 1200 series Ferrea valves, titanium
retainers, 10 degree locks, PC seals, roller cam springs good to .750 lift, ARP
rocker studs, 4 angle valve job and spring cups.