Other features / improvements include:
- Exhaust port is standard Pontiac round port configuration
- As cast with a 45cc chamber and delivered with a 56 cc, 64 cc, 74cc or 80 cc CNC chamber
- Utilizes standard pushrod location for 3/8 pushrod – typically around 10.300 long
- Rockershaft versions available upon request (shafted heads use a T&D 9028 shaft system .700 offset)
- As cast heads flow around 330 cfm on the intake
- 2.20 Intake valve and a 1.70 exhaust valve
- Ferrea 6.200 Valve length
- Valve angle is 14 degrees
- Minimum bore size of 4.150
- Stock port heads use a TIP-120230 intake gasket (specifically designed for the head)
- TIP-120240 intake gasket is used for most standard pushrod location heads
- Oil drain backs are positioned to allow for a more complete draining back of the valve cover area preventing oil from standing on the valve seals
- Pushrod tubes are designed to accommodate 1.65 rockers without grinding on the heads
- CNC ported versions of 365, 380, 400 and 430 cfm
As Cast 56 CC High Port Head flow numbers
Heads are available with the following pushrod hole locations:
- Stock Pushrod Location Heads – flow up to 380 cfm
- .700 Offset Pushrod Location Heads – required for heads flowing > 380 cfm and up and requires the use of a shaft rocker system
Kauffman Aluminum High Port Cylinder Head Pricing
|56 CC||$822.50 ea||$1,397.50 ea|
|64 cc||$872.50 ea||$1447.50 ea|
|74 cc||$922.50 ea||$1,497.50 ea|
|80 cc||$922.50 ea||$1,497.50 ea|
CNC Port Work Options
Std. Pushrod Location
Std. Pushrod Location
Rocker Shaft ONLY
Rocker Shaft ONLY
|$400.00 ea||$550.00 ea||$700.00 ea||$800.00 ea|
** Please note that all cylinder heads and port work are priced individually / per head. If you are ordering port work you will need to order the port work twice – once for each head.
All heads can be ordered in any special way for any special application.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for your specific needs
See what it takes to switch over to a set of KRE High Port Heads!
High On Life – Switching to KRE High Port cylinder heads is easier and less costly than you might think.
By Jason Scott / Photography by Kevin Swaney
Still not convinced that these Pontiac aluminum cylinder heads are the right performance choice for you?
Here are some DYNO performance numbers:
- Out of the box heads make 628 tq and 700 HP on a 463 CID engine
- Rockershafted High Ports on a 505 CID make 903 HP @ 7500 rpm’s
- December 2005 – 505 MR-1 Pontiac block makes 775 hp and 718 ft lbs of torque with AS CAST KRE High Ports Std pushrod location
- Out of the box head makes 730 hp on 467 CID – race gas
- 821 HP on GAS, Victor intake, single 4bbl with 360 cfm standard pushrod location
- 850 HP 505 Single Domiator on GAS! Standard pushrod location
- 511 cid MR-1A with as cast High Ports makes 766 HP ON PUMP GAS!
Here are some TRACK performance numbers:
- Tin Indian Performance Rear Engine Dragster ran 8.42 @ 155.78 m.p.h. with 320 cfm E-Heads and a .620 lift 260 duration cam @ VMP in May 2005
- Switched to a set of High Port heads that flowed 350 cfm same cam no other changes. Car went 8.17 @ 159.25 m.p.h. at Norwalk in August 2005
- Made a cam swap to better match the High Ports and the car went 7.94 @ 167.36 m.p.h.
- 494 CID with cam swap same heads, single carb, on GAS went 7.66 @ 172 m.p.h.
- Naturally Aspirated 540 cid makes 950 HP with 400 cfm shafted High Ports – 7.37 et in TIP’s Rear Engine Dragster
- 56 cc 400 CFM High Ports make over 1000 hp on a MR-1 Pontiac block. 535 cid run 7.14 @ 186.51 in TIP’s Rear Engine Dragster
- 505 makes 850 HP on GAS with 380 cfm standard pushrod location High Ports 9.17 et in Mike Williams 1966 GTO
- 80 cc High Port makes 580 HP and 590 ft lbs of torque in a pump gas 463 with 10.75 to 1 compression. ’66 GTO runs a best of 11.13 @ 119 mph at 3500 lbs.
- 535 MR-1A with 56 cc 400+ CFM High Ports make over 1030 hp and is the 1st Pontiac race car to run a 6 second NA pass! 6.818 ET at 192.28 mph in TIP’s Rear Engine Dragster
** Bare heads come with seats and guides installed, guide plates and rocker studs
** Complete heads come with 1200 series Ferrea valves, titanium retainers, 10 degree locks, PC seals, roller cam springs good to .750 lift, ARP rocker studs, 4 angle valve job and spring cups.